Since the beginning, Magic Me have been combating social isolation and loneliness in our own creative and unique way. Our 30 years experience and expertise means that we have the skills and networks to work with the local community. Our team is working hard from home and are adapting and evolving the ways we connect younger and older people. As the country gets back to ‘normal’ in the months to come, Magic Me will be in an even better place to help build stronger communities. We will ensure that the voices of those in care and the staff who care for them are recognised.
By becoming a Friend of Magic Me you will be supporting our work in Tower Hamlets, an area with the highest rates of pensioner and child poverty in England. You’ll also be helping us grow to reach communities beyond east London.
You can help make a real difference in the lives of younger and older people. Through our intergenerational projects older people living alone, or in care homes, gain a new sense of purpose and grow connections with their local community – increasing their well-being. Children and young people gain new skills and social confidence. Working together, people of both generations find, or rediscover, their talents and a new status as collaborators and citizens.
Friends of Magic Me are people who:
- Sign up to give a monthly donation of £5 (or more) or make a one off donation of £60 (or more) to support Magic Me’s work in east London and beyond.
- Help Magic Me plan ahead, with a regular, reliable income.
- Be part of what we do, keeping in touch with our participants’ achievements and our future programmes.
Current donors give from £5 to £200 a month. However, large or small, your monthly donation will make a real difference.
When you sign up as a Friend of Magic Me you will benefit from:
- A great feeling, knowing you are helping younger and older people.
- A community who are passionate about creativity and building friendships.
- A special quarterly Friends newsletter, with reports on the difference your donations are making.
Magic Me have given me more than I can possibly describe in just a few words. To give a little is my way of saying thank you for caring and valuing me.
A recent donor and Magic Me participant
If you have any questions, or would like to talk to us about donating please contact Tham on firstname.lastname@example.org or 020 3222 6064
If you are unable to commit to a regular donation but still want to donate to Magic Me, have you thought about fundraising for us?
Photo Credit: Cocktails in Care Homes by Paul Williams for People’s Postcode Lottery.