Magic Me is looking for a Community Ambassador to join our board of trustees – could it be you?
If you answer yes to one or more of these questions we would love to hear from you!
- Do you feel passionately about strengthening communities and bringing people together?
- Are you interested in how arts and creative work can influence society?
- Do you want to use your skills, ideas and voice to make positive changes in people’s lives?
- Do you enjoy engaging in big ideas?
- Have you been active in a volunteering role before? (involvement in a religious organisation, a school/playgroup of a shared interest/campaigning group?)
- Do you have time in your daily life which you would like to use for a positive shared goal?
What can we offer you?
- A chance to see how a groundbreaking arts organisation runs from the inside
- An experience which will deepen your understanding of governance in the charity sector and contribute to your professional development.
- The opportunity to use your life experience to shape and influence Magic Me as we grow and expand.
You do not need to work in the arts or charities, nor have previous experienced of being on a board.
We encourage applications from people of any age (16+), representing all levels of experience and backgrounds.
The new board member will be chosen through an application/interview process. It’s important that you get to meet us and feel confident that we are a good fit for your life and your time commitments.
Step 1: Express an interest. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 020 3222 6064 and/or attend a drop-in session (see below for times and venues)
Step 2: Send a letter/email to tell us a bit about you and why you are interested in becoming a trustee of Magic Me.
Step 3: Come and meet us for a conversation/interview about the role and how it might work for you and us.
DROP IN SESSIONS TO LEARN MORE:
6-730pm on Thursday Sept 5th at Poplar Union, 2 Cotall Street, Poplar, London E14 6TL
2-330pm on Thursday Sept 12th at Mulberry & Bigland Centre, 15 Richard Street, London E1 2JP
11am-1230pm on Tuesday Sept 24th at Mulberry & Bigland Centre, 15 Richard Street, London E1 2JP
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What is a Board of Trustees?
Every charity must have a board of trustees, made up of volunteers. This group of people ensures that the charity is managing its money wisely, paying and treating its staff appropriately, and carrying out the work that it sets out to do with integrity. A board of trustees does not run the charity on a day to day basis, but oversees the big decisions and makes sure that the charity keeps to its core values.
How much time and money is involved?
Being a trustee is a volunteer position, which means you are not paid for your time. By law, charity trustees cannot be paid for their time and work. However, you may be able to be reimbursed for your expenses, ie travel expenses to and from meetings or childcare.
Magic Me holds one board meeting every three months which you would need to attend, alongside a few other meetings and events. Realistically, with a variety of meetings and planning, being a board member of Magic Me would take up around half a day per month of your time.
HOW DO I LEARN MORE
Contact Magic Me to discuss!
Phone: 020 3222 6064
Drop In Sessions: see above for details
You can also download the full information pack here – this also includes information on two other trustee roles we are recruiting for – Fundraising and Treasurer.
Sunday 29th September Deadline for applications
Monday 7th October Interviews for Community Ambassador Trustee
November 2019 Observe a board meeting
January 2020 Formally serve as a trustee
If you know someone who would be right for this role but who doesn’t have access to the internet please download the poster version of this information here