We are at each end of life, but we are finding ways of relating to each other and talking to each other, which is absolutely enchanting and illuminating
The Big Give Christmas Challenge is back!
For the last four years you, our supporters and Friends have generously donated to Magic Me’s Big Give Christmas Challenge, supporting projects that combat loneliness and inspire creativity amongst our older and younger people.
The Christmas Challenge gives you the chance to double your donations made during the 1st December to the 8th December. Our target this year is to raise £3,000 and thanks to the Monday Charitable Trust and someone generous supporters, every £10 you give will become £20 and every £50 turns into £100.
How your money helps our community:
- £20 buy stamps for 15 letter exchanges between younger people and their older friends who are self-isolating.
- £100 helps us to make phone calls to check in with the wellbeing of our participants and to stay in touch to keep up morale
- £250 helps us to create and provide fun and creative artistic packages to younger and older people
Magic Me’s mission to combat loneliness and isolation is more than ever, as we continue to offer companionship and creative activity to older people living through lockdown, including care home residents. See more on our At Home Together programme to find out how we have been finding new ways to meet, to make and to party with our participants, at a distance.
In this toughest of years, we know that not everyone else is able to support us but if you can, please dig deep and share the word with family and friends. Please support Magic Me’s vital work with some of our communities most vulnerable people, so our staff and artists can keep connecting older people and younger neighbours through a tough winter.
- To sign up for a reminder for the live campaign click here
- To view our Big Give Christmas Challenge campaign page click here
If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org