In May and June 2020, we’ve been imagining our very own Dream Dinner Party with artist Kathy Horak-Hallett, towards the production of a dinner party themed ‘care package’, full of creative actions, momentos and messages for residents and staff.
Artist Kathy Horak-Hallett invites you to ‘Raise a toast’ to a fellow Cocktails party goer that you’re thinking about at the moment – resident, care staff, fellow volunteer or care home – by sending us a video / voice note or written toast that will contribute to an interactive artwork for care partners.
1. Prepare your drink of choice! (Cocktail? Cup of tea? Up to you!)
2. Find a comfortable spot in your home / outside to enjoy your drink and record your message!
3. Using your smartphone or recording device, raise a toast to a fellow Party Go-er (care staff, resident, care home / volunteer…)
Don’t forget to include…
-The name of the care home resident / care staff / care home (general) / volunteer you are toasting
-Who you are! A bit about you and how you’re doing at the moment, what you’ve been up to during lockdown
-Why not wish them well? Reminisce about cocktail parties past, any particular aspect of the parties you’re thinking about fondly? Any favourite moments?
Please see above an example toast from guest artist Kweku Sackey, accompanied by a collage by artist Kathy Horak-Hallet, of Kweku at a party!
If you’d prefer, instead of recording a video or voice note, you could also hand write your toast, and take a photo of it to send to us.
Send your responses in your preferred format (video file / voice note file/handwritten note) via email to email@example.com or share yours on social media using the hashtag #TheAfterParty.
What happens next:
- Responses will contribute to the production of an interactive artwork and dream dinner party themed ‘care package’ produced by Kathy for care partners.
- Care Home residents are invited to raise a toast to a fellow party go-er too!